TIME CAPSULE PHOTOS
From the Hub Hotel--1915 Capsule
Primghar, O'Brien County, Iowa
Originals stored at Heritage Park
|A residence street, Primghar--reads the inscription. SE corner of Hayes Ave and 3rd St SE. It was built in the early 1880's by Frank Derby (??) and was, then,
considered practically in the country. J.L.E. Peck purchased it when he and
the family moved back to Primghar. He would have been living in it when the
Hub cornerstone was laid. His daughter came up with the name for the Hotel.
|Another residence street. The postcard is from the Primghar Drug Store. Note the sidewalk (?) across the street.
|Residence street. Note the electric poles and the smallish trees. What--no more that 30 years old?
|215 N McCormack. Built in 1894 by J..E. Peck, lawyer and senior editor of the 1914 O'Brien/Osceola County two volume history. He sold it to Charles Winterble in 1903. **
|This residential picture has not been colorized. There is a church in the background.
|This Byson family history is readable but you have to work at it. Daniel was from W. Va.; Laura from Penn.
|Here we see the Byson family.
|J. A. Carmichael with two riding horses. If you know more about him, please email me.
|The Montzheimer home, built in 1891, was considered (according to the paper) a modern bungalow. The Montzheimers lived in it their entire married life and
celebrated their 50th anniversary in it by hosting a small gathering. The
man on the porch has to be O.H. himself. It has some beautiful stained glass
|G. W. Schee's home was magnificent; built in 1891. It was just north of the present Catholic church. The outline of the foundation is still visible in the grass during dry
weather. The driveway is still visible on the west side of the block. Razed around 1960 by Bob Engelke's Dad with help from Bob and his brother**
O'Brien County Historical SocietyCorner of Heritage Park Road and 1st St NE
PO Box 385
Primghar, IA 51245