2004-2005 O'Brien County Fair Queen is Danielle Gaudian, daughter of Darwin & Jan Gaudian of Primghar. 2004-2005 Fair King is Justin Steinkamp, son of Bob & Kim Steinkamp of Primghar.
Rules for the Queen and King Competition
1. Each contestant must be at least 16 years of age and not more than 21 years of age on August 11, the first day of the 2005 Iowa State Fair.
2. Contestants must never have been married nor had children.
3. A county fair queen and king must reside in the county she/he represents or an adjoining county if the majority of her/his activities are in the county she/he represents.
4. Each contestant must be an active member of 4-H or FFA. Each club or chapter may nominate two candidates.
5. No professional model--one who has been employed and paid a salary for a specific job of modeling--is eligible for the state pageant.
6. Any contestant who has competed at State Fair Finals may not compete again. No winners at county level may compete again.
7. The county contest will be decided upon this basis -- 2/3 speech and interview and 1/3 upon the popular vote held at the county fair. All 4-H'ers and FFA members are eligible to vote.
8. The Iowa State Fair will provide a queen's sash and crown for each county fair to award their queen at the county fair. This must be worn when she appears at the Iowa State Fair. Kings will receive a "medallion" provided by the Fair Board.
9. If for some reason the 2005 O'Brien County Fair Queen cannot complete her term and represent O'Brien County at the State Fair Competition and the 2005 county fair, the crown and sash will be returned to the O'Brien County Fair Board and will be awarded to the first runner up or whoever fulfills the responsibility. The same goes for the King except he will be doing it just at the county level.
The Queen and King Committee for 2005 are Danielle Gaudian & Justin Steinkamp.
10. The Queen and King will need to be available to represent O'Brien County 4-H and FFA and the O'Brien County Fair Board during the remainder of all the 2005 O'Brien County Fair activities. Responsibilities should include representing
O'Brien County Fair, 4-H and FFA at community events and other 4-H and FFA activities throughout their reign.
MacDONALD'S JEWELRY, Hartley, provides the Queen's necklace and the O'BRIEN COUNTY FAIR BOARD provides attendant gifts and pays the entry fee to the State Fair competition.