Superintendent: Gordon and Ruth Wittrock, Mark Goosen and Kevin Massmann
Judge: Reynold Loecker, Yankton, SD
1. Exhibitors may purchase their chicks when and where they want; no limit to the number of chicks the exhibitor may purchase.
2. Broilers will be exhibited as three dressed and iced birds.
3. Giblets are required with each bird.
3. All exhibitors must fill out a goal card listing age of bird and date bought, where bought, type of feed, protein content of feed, how processed, breed of bird and importance of protein in the feed. The judge will ask these questions.
Goal cards are required for each entry!
8501 Commercial Dressed Class
8502 Home Dressed Class
Premiums - Blue $5.00; Red $4.00; White $3.00.
1. All livestock must be owned by exhibitor or in partnership with parents.
2. All exhibits must comply with State Health requirements concerning poultry. ALL birds should be Pullorum-Typhoid free.
3. Cages will be furnished.
4. The birds will be released from the fair on Wednesday, July 24. Birds will not be sold at the current O'Brien County Fair auction on Thursday.
5. ALL POULTRY MUST BE CLEAN AND DRY WHEN BEING JUDGED.
6. All birds should be dusted by July 1, 2004, with Ectoban powder. Birds will be checked before unloading at the fair. Birds will be rejected; if found with lice.
6. Premiums - Blue $5.00; Red $4.00; and White $3.00.
Live Poultry Classes
8510 CHICKEN (meat production) 1 pen, pen of 3
8511 PULLETS Immature pen of 3 (layer type) less than 1 yr. 1 pen
8512 HEN Mature pen of 3 (layer type) more than 1 yr. 1 pen
8513 - 1 ROOSTER AND 1 HEN (the hen may be part of the pen of 3)
8514 - BIG ROOSTER - 1 bird may be part of 8513
8515 - DUCKS pen of 2
8516 - Geese - 1 bird
8517 - Turkey - 1 bird
8518 -BANTUM COCK, 1 YEAR AND UNDER
8519 - BANTUM PULLET, 1 YEAR AND UNDER
8520 - BANTUM ROOSTER - OVER 1 YEAR
8521 - BANTUM HEN - OVER 1 YEAR
8522 - EXOTICS - 4 birds per species (ex., 4 peacock, 4 pheasant, 4 quail, 4 pigeon)
8523 - EXOTIC CHICKENS - 2 BIRDS
8524 - EXOTIC DUCK - 2 BIRDS
Pro-Go & Producers Co-op
712-757-0640 Primghar/Gaza 712-757-4527
Arnold Motor Supply
Primghar Sukup Grain Bins & Dryers 712-957-1405