Superintendents: Darwin Gaudian, Gordon Wittrock, Denny Mars, Mike Rienfeld, Kevin Mars, Dave Keene, Carla Naber, Tracy Wittrock , Galen Vollink, and Bob Steinkamp
Judge: Ray Brown, West Bend, Iowa
Please note: Hogs MUST BE in place by 10:00 a.m. MONDAY!
Swine show will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
1. This show is a terminal show all hogs to slaughter.
2. An exhibitor may exhibit a maximum of one pen of six, one pen of three, two market individuals. No exhibitor will be allowed to exhibit more than six hogs. Superintendents will have the option to drop showing of the pen of six on Monday, July 25 or Tuesday, July 26, if the weather is excessively hot or if there are a larger number of hogs. One hog must be entered in the carcass class.
3. ALL SWINE MUST BE PROPERLY CARED FOR WITH WATER, FEED, AND DRY BEDDING DAILY. IF NOT PREMIUM MONEY WILL BE WITHHELD!
4. Pigs of all weights will be expected. Heavy and lightweight pigs will be subjected to grade and yield discounts.
5. Market swine classes will be divided into classes according to weight only.
6. All hogs shown at the O'Brien County Fair must be ear tagged with approved tags by May 16, 2005.
7. ALL PIGS MUST BE DOUBLE VACCINATED FOR ERYISIPELAS. With the first shot being at 8-10 weeks of age. Second shot between May 20 and July 1st, 2005! Oral administration is acceptable.
8. All pigs will go through the sale and be sold from weigh-in weights.
9. All exhibitors must be FSQA certified and the certificate must be on file in the Extension Office by May 16, 2005 with ID forms.
10. Premium - Blue $5.00; Red $4.00; White $3.00.
* Swine showmanship will be divided into three classes according to grade in school during the 2004-2005 school year. Junior: 4-6th grade; Intermediate 7-9th grade; Senior 10-12th grade.
* Showmanship is open to any interested individual. Please sign up for the class on your entry form.
7010 Market Individual Swine (An exhibitor may show two individuals)
7020 Market Individual Swine
7030 Market Pen of 3 Swine (one entry)
7040 Market Pen of 6 Swine (one entry)
7050 Carcass Contest (Each exhibitor will have one entry.)
7001 Junior Showmanship
7002 Intermediate Showmanship
7003 Senior Showmanship
Special Swine Awards
O'Brien County Pork Producers will present trophies to the: Champion & Reserve Champion Market Hog; Champion & Reserve Champion Pen of Three; Champion & Reserve Champion Pen of Six. The Pork Producers also provide pigskin ribbons to the top showmen.
Nicholson & Edwards Grain Co. will award plaques to the top Junior, Intermediate and Senior showmen.
COUNTY PORK PRODUCERS BOARD
Doug Weaver, Calumet Kris Keene, Hartley
Larry Dau, Primghar Dan McCarty, Hartley
be, Hartley Allen Bousema, Sanborn
Rob Hakeman, Sanborn Paul Dagel, Sanborn
Patrick McCarty, Sheldon
Cmelik Law Office
AGCO O'Brien County Implement New Holland
Sheldon 1-800-320-6224 712-324-4871
Animal Medical Centers
CARCASS CONTEST SPONSORED BY O'BRIEN CO. PORK PRODUCERS
1. Each 4-H/FFA exhibitor will be required to enter the carcass contest. Youth exhibitors will pay the $7.00 entry fee when making entries for the O'Brien County Fair. The same scan process that was used the previous year will be used.
Awards: - 1st, $100.00 and trophy; 2nd, $70.00; 3rd, $40.00; 4th, $20.00; 5th and 6th, $15.00; 7th through 10th, $10.00; 11th through 20th, $5.00.
ANIMAL MEDICAL CENTER OF HARTLEY AND SPENCER, MIDWEST FARMERS COOP, SHELDON, and O'BRIEN COUNTY PORK PRODUCERS each contribute
$100.00 in premium money. This money will be pro-rated according to placing. Carcass trophies are donated by Iowa State Bank, Sheldon & Paullina.
2005 Swine Affidavit
(Copy of affidavit to be signed at O'Brien County Fair Swine Check-in)
I, _________________________________________, am the owner of these swine and they have met the following regulations: (? if rules are met)
____ 1. They do NOT originate from a quarantined herd.
____ 2. No swine dysentery has occurred in the herd for the past six months.
____3. All drug withdrawal requirements have been met for exhibited swine.
____ 4. Pigs where Double Vaccinated for Erysipelas - Injectable or oral.
Please check with your veterinarian on any questions.
Signature of 4-H/FFA Member
Signature of Parent or Guardian
Main Market Grocery & Hometown Variety
100 West 2nd Street Sutherland, Iowa
Hours: Monday - Saturday 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
First National Bank
Primghar Member FDIC 712-957-2615
American Natural Soy Processors, LLC
Hartley 712-225-3500 Cherokee
Neal Chase Lumber Co.
Sheldon Orange City Primghar
Midwest Farmers Cooperative
Alton, Orange City, Hospers, Sheldon, Sutherland, Matlock, Maurice, Norwest Ag-Boyden
1-800-945-8368 or 1-800-831-4379