4-H & FFA GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All entries MUST be made with entry fee in the O'Brien County Extension Office, Primghar, by 4:30 p.m., July 1, 2005. Make all checks payable to the O'Brien County Fair. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE IN ANY DIVISION.
2. 4-H'ers and FFA youth MUST ATTEND 30% of all meetings to be able to show at the fair, unless excused absence is given.
3. Any 4-H or FFA member in a recognized O'Brien County 4-H Club or FFA Chapter may exhibit at the fair providing they meet the requirements for showing and if they do not exhibit the same project at any other county 4-H show. FFA exhibits must meet the requirements of 4-H exhibits to be eligible to show.
4. It is unlawful for anyone to falsely represent or pretend to be a member or associate with 4-H clubs or FFA Chapters.
5. A 4-H & FFA member may exhibit at the O'Brien County Fair the one consecutive summer following high school graduation. All exhibitors must be in the 4th grade or above.
6. Premium checks will be distributed to 4-H Leaders and FFA instructors by
October 15, 2005 and must be cashed by December 1, 2005 or premium
money will be forfeited. Again, NO premium money will be paid unless
record books are turned in to the 4-H Club leaders, then into Kris at the
O'Brien County Extension Office.
No record books will be accepted for premium after October 15th!
7. Any person(s) consuming alcohol in the youth areas of the fairgrounds,
and/or during any competitions, shows or other judging involving youth will
result in the disqualification of the family from all activities and
competitions of the fair, forfeiture of all premiums, awards and other prizes
earned by the family.
8. The O'Brien County Livestock Show and Agricultural Association will use
diligence to insure the safety of stock or activities after their arrival and
placement, but in no case will the society be responsible for any theft,
accident, or loss of property that might occur.
9. The O'Brien County Livestock Show and Agricultural Association, its superintendents and office personnel are not responsible for articles left at the fair.
10. Fair Office and department Superintendents make stall assignments. Any changes made in stall assignments without permission of Fair Office and Superintendent will result in forfeiture of all awards and premiums earned by the exhibitor(s) involved. In case of involvement by non-exhibitors, those exhibitor(s) who benefit from the situation will be penalized.
11. The O'Brien County Fair is sponsored by the O'Brien County Livestock Show and Agricultural Association, the Cooperative Extension Service and FFA Chapters.
Along with entry fees, each 4-H'er is expected
to pay $1.00 for accident insurance.
Advanced Cattle Feeders $5.00 per project
Market Beef & Breeding Heifers . $2.00 per animal
Bottle/Bucket Calf . $1.00 per animal
Dairy $2.00 per animal
Horse . $2.00 per class
Sheep $1.00 per class
Advanced Lamb Feeding project .. .$5.00 per pen
Swine . $1.00 per class
Goats . $1.00 per class
Broiler Contest . $1.00 per entry
Live Poultry .. $1.00 per class
Rabbits .. $1.00 per class
Pets $1.00 per class
Nicholson & Edwards
Deb Kruse 712-446-3398
CAR-GO Express Convenience Stores
Serving Northwest Iowa For Over 20 Years