Carrier sending 1300 jobs to Mexico, 70% of the employees.
The 30% of jobs remain because Indiana taxpayers provided a 7M$ 'bribe'. Tsk! -- see All the Presidents Men!-- or Laudato Si
THIS WEEK in Primghar Last Update on: June 20, 2017
"I" Was Asked
- If "we" commit two felonies a day, is one of them dumping tv's, wire fencing, etc. at the airport grass, tree linbs dump.
June -- Wikipedia
- 1st Thur; by COB: sign up for Sand Box fill, free, by Jaycees. Delivery starts 7 pm, Wed, 7th.
- 21st, Wed; by 7AM: Recycle Bins pickup.
- Tidbits, REFRESHED on 1st:
17 th 1914--Ball game between Methodist and Congregational churches won 17-14 by Congo's.
18 th 1961--New Lutheran Church dedicated.
19 th 1932--William's new building on west side compleeted.
20 th 1987--American Reformed Church celebrates 50 years here.
21 st 1929--Victor Peck closes out variety store.
22 nd 1941--Methodist Church observes 70 years in county.
23 rd 1932--Meeting held to call Farmer's Holiday.
24 th 1889--Rising Star Lodge #496 receives charter. ///1939--Open house at new municipal power plant.
25 th 1955--Cambier Motor has opening on Highway 59.
26 th 1946--Dr. Getty returns to Primghar practice after service in the service.
27 th 1971--20 new street signs installed.
28 th 1944--W. A. Krumm opens Marshall Walls store.
29 th 1949--Library board puchases German church property for library, ///1972--Greenlee's Food Market celebrates 25 years.
30 th 1894--Christian Church, later bought by American Reformed Church, dedicated.
1 st 1947--Memorial Park receives lights ///1953--Cornerstone ceromony for St. Anthony's Church
2 nd 1930--Two farms sold for $123 and $115 per acre.
3 rd 1967--Greenlee Food Market opened.
4 th 1956--Dean Sheley appointed dean of Boston University of Technology. ///1985--Peace Link women sew their issue into a Peace quilt.
5 th 1944--Claussen Bakery opens. ///1985--New fully equipped emergency ambulance has arrived.
6 th 1899--Corn 80¢ a bushel. ///1938--Six poems R. J. Locke published in New York.
7 th ----
8 th 1926--Dr. Bolender, dentist, locates in Primghar. ///1931--Bandstand to be erected in water works park.
from 1988 calendar, days and dates don't match
- South O'Brien Activities Calendar //// SOS Home Page
- Conservation/Naturalist's Events
- O'Brien County Events Calendar
Photo detail: Local picture?? yes. That's not termites moving north due to global warming ruining the stool. The erosion seems to be "self inflicted"--one leg chewing on the others. Share your worry. PS: Newer thumbnail or banner photo of interest? Send yours to webmaster (link at bottom of page). Preferably from within Primghar Ambulance "response area."
Support your home town businesses.Drought Monitor web site
Because it is a climate crisis--long term, irreversible
- not weekly weather, don't forget the energy and money saving options thru the city
- First Tuesday, 7:30 PM Planning and Zoning Committee meets at City Hall.
- May 8th, Mon; 7:00 pm Regular Council Meeting. Agenda -click on month -- unless the Council did't post it. Due the preceding Friday
July -- Wikipedia
- 1st, TBD Memorial Service for SSgt Byron Nelson, kia in WW2, Pleasant Hill Ceremony. Much more. --FindaGrave
- (RAGBRAI PICTURES--2005) leave on Sunday, July 23rd. According to RAGBRAI officials, the ride will travel three miles to Alton, seven more to Granville, 9.6 miles to Paullina, and ten to Primghar. Primghar will be a meeting town. A meeting town is a place where riders can meet up with their support vehicles if they want to or need to. It’s usually about halfway through that day’s route. Otherwise the support vehicle route and the bike route do not meet or cross.
***Can't read my scribbling. Email with correction helpful.